Hours of Content: 3
With HTML and CSS Quickstart , learn to create a website in minutes.
This course will teach you the ins and outs of web development
The course is easy, fast and hand-on.
If you have no coding experience, this course is perfect for you. The videos and materials will walk you through the process of creating your first web page.
And, in the process build a strong foundation for more advanced front-end development.
Students will learn to :
- Write HTML and structure webpage with HTML elements
- to customize a page with CSS that stands for Cascading Stylesheet
- Add media and images to a webpage
- Work with colors
- And create a 2-column layout
By the end of the course, students will be able to :
- Create webpages from the ground up
- Customize webpages with CSS (Cascading Stylesheet)
By the end of the course, you will be perfectly comfortable using HTML elements, HTML formatting tags, and HTML entities.
Lessons include :
- Video lessons with HTML and CSS examples
- Pages demos
- The first part of the Course will cover the HTML basics
- The second part will focus on the CSS Fundamentals
- In the third section, you will practice on your own and create your own webpage. Practice makes perfect! Instructions and video lessons will be available to help along the project.
What are the requirements?
- No pre-requisite is needed for this course - Start from scratch!
- For the course, you will need a code editor like Sublime Text, Notepad ++ (PC) or Dreamweaver (if you are using the Adobe creative suite)
- I recommend a modern web browser like Chrome or Firefox - You will be taught how to use the web developer tools, which are available with the modern browsers
What am I going to get from this course?
- By the end of this course, you will be able to create webpages with HTML & CSS
- By the end of the course, students will have a solid understanding of the HTML tags and CSS properties
- After watching the CSS Fundamentals part, you will be able to style a webpage by formatting the text and adding colors
- By the end of this course, students will be able to craft a multi-column layout page by using the CSS float property
- With the Step-by-Step guided exercise, available in section 3, you will be able to create easily and quickly a multi-page layout, add media and video links
What is the target audience?
- This course is for complete beginner
- This course is designed for any person willing to learn the basics of coding with HTML & CSS
- if you have some basic coding knowledge, this is the right place. The course includes quizzes and exercises to get an in-depth understanding of HTML basics and CSS Fundamentals
- This course aims at building the foundation for more advanced web development