*** If you're interested in becoming a front-end web developer, this course IS for you! ***
This course is the result of a web development job study I did and I ended up getting 12 interviews in 12 weeks. Yes, I'm serious. Of those 12, most of them offered me a job and in the end, I was able to pick which company I wanted to work for.
The goal was to learn what skills companies are actually looking for, and I found those... and much much more. I found a formula for getting interviews quickly.
I even had The City (that I live in) interview me. Twice!
This course goes over everything I did, in a simple step-by-step guide. You'll learn:
- How to find what skills are ACTUALLY in demand in your city
- How to filter the noise and bad advice in Facebook groups
- The REAL truth about React and Bootstrap
- The REAL skills you need to get a job as a front end web developer
- If you REALLY need a GitHub account and a portfolio website
- How to NOT get stuck on small things (hint: stop being a perfectionist, it's holding you back)
- How to find companies that are hiring in your city
- Why remote jobs are NOT as awesome as people think
- How to apply for your first job
- How to manage your first interview
- How to manage your nervousness in interviews
- How to get TONNES of interviews. I got 12 interviews in 12 weeks.
- How to negotiate your salary and how to deal with the dreaded "how much money do you want?" question
- What companies are REALLY looking for (hint: it's not what you think)
- Can't get any interviews? There's a lesson on how to climb out of that hole
- Soft skills vs. technical skills -- which should you focus on?
- How to get a job by making friends
- What to do once you land your first web development job
This course is action-orientated. If you are willing to do the work, this course WILL work for you and get you a job soon.
You will learn about some nasty truths about getting an interview in any industry and how to handle them. Don't get discouraged when somebody doesn't call you back.
But most importantly, you'll learn the secret to always having a job in web development. Actually, it's not a secret, it's just something nobody openly talks about.
If you're serious about getting a job as a front end web developer then this course is definitely for you.
What are the requirements?
- This course is for you if you want to get into web development as a career
- This course is for you if you want more freedom in your life
- This course is for you if you've been trying to get job interviews
- This course is for you if you've been trying to get a job but nobody is calling you back
- This course is NOT for you if you're trying to make a million dollars
- This course is NOT for you if you're trying to get a job at Google or Facebook without any prior experience
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn the truth about React and Bootstrap and if they are REALLY in demand EVERYWHERE
- Learn how to get job interviews
- Learn the #1 most important thing you can do as a developer (hint: it's not coding)
- Life Hack: Multiply your job hunting efforts with very little work
- Learn the REAL requirements to becoming a frontend web developer (hint: there's only 4)
- Learn whether or not you really NEED a GitHub account AND a portfolio website
- Learn how to find and apply for jobs with YOUR skills
- Learn how to negotiate your salary
- Learn what companies are ACTUALLY looking for in an employee
- Learn the difference between soft skills and technical skills, and which one is more important
What is the target audience?
- You should WANT to change careers and get into web development as a profession