This is an animated, visual and spatial way to learn data structures and algorithms
- Our brains process different types of information differently - evolutionarily we are wired to absorb information best when it is visual and spatial i.e. when we can close our eyes and see it
- More than most other concepts, Data Structures and Algorithms are best learnt visually. These are incredibly easy to learn visually, very hard to understand most other ways
- This course has been put together by a team with tons of everyday experience in thinking about these concepts and using them at work at Google, Microsoft and Flipkart
- Big-O notation and complexity
- Graphs and Graph Algorithms
- Linked lists
What are the requirements?
- Basic knowledge of programming is assumed, preferably in Java
What am I going to get from this course?
- Visualise - really vividly imagine - the common data structures, and the algorithms applied to them
- Pick the correct tool for the job - correctly identify which data structure or algorithm makes sense in a particular situation
- Calculate the time and space complexity of code - really understand the nuances of the performance aspects of code
What is the target audience?
- Yep! Computer Science and Engineering grads who are looking to really visualise data structures, and internalise how they work
- Yep! Experienced software engineers who are looking to refresh important fundamental concepts