- A basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Access to a Mac or Linux computer (or online IDE such as C9)
Are you ready to build professional applications that combine the Angular 2 application framework with Rails 5 as a backend? Then this is the course for you. My name is Jordan Hudgens, and I'll be your instructor for the course. In addition to being the lead instructor for devCamp I've also been building web applications for over a decade for organizations such as Eventbrite and Quip.
After you have completed this course you will be able to build modern Angular 2 and Ruby on Rails 5 applications. In fact, in this course, we're going to develop three applications, with Angular working as the front end, and two Rails API apps functioning as the backend. This is a powerful combination since you will learn how to create incredibly fast, dynamic Angular applications that embrace features such as real-time updates, along with the power and flexibility provided by the Rails framework.
We'll start the course by walking through the application architecture, this will teach you the concepts you will need to understand how microservices should be designed from a software engineering and best practice perspective. From there we will start building the Angular 2 front-end application, including integrating the Bootstrap 4 framework to style the app. After the front end is complete we will create two Rails 5 API applications that will store and manage the data for the full system.
Throughout the course material you will learn concepts such as:
- How to configure your system to run Angular Applications
- How to generate an Angular 2 application from scratch
- What it takes to build Angular components
- How to work with Angular Observables to automatically update page elements without even needing to refresh the page.
- Along with how to communicate with APIs and parse the data they return.
- And everything else you'll need in order to build real world Angular 2 + Rails applications!
This is not an entry level course. You will need at least a basic understanding of Rails in order to go through this material. Additionally, I also recommend that you are familiar with the TypeScript programming language since the entire Angular 2 framework is built on TypeScript, however if you haven't worked with TypeScript you can still work through the course. Also, since we will build 2 Rails applications in this course I highly recommend that you are either working on a Mac or using an online IDE such as C9.
Each lesson of the course is paired with the source code that I used in the guide so you can check your work. And since the application we're building is a real world app I'll constantly be adding to the course material with new features, as I do with my other courses.
Please feel free to review the course curriculum and I look forward to going through the material with you on your development journey!
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for developers who want to learn how to build real world Angular 2 applications that run on Ruby on Rails backend APIs