Basic Course Description
This is a basic course on creating apps in MATLAB using its graphical user interface utility called App Designer. The App Designer is next generation, i.e., future of designing apps in MATLAB. The App Designer contains many new design components that are absent in the conventional app designing tool called GUIDE. The course is designed so that a person with the basic knowledge of MATLAB is able to transform his code to a beautiful User Interface and app.
The motivation for the course, i.e., why should take it, is my observation that students and people put alot of effort in writing the code but little on its appearance. By learning this course, you will easily transform your code into a well understood piece of software that the users will find useful to interact with. All you need is motivation to learn and basic understanding of MATLAB such as variables, matrices and others. The course contains 1+ hours of recorded lectures. Every lecture contains a demonstration of the concepts and the codes are included with the course.
The following are the outlines of the course
Segment 1: Basics of App Designer
Segment 2: Tips and Tricks for Effective use of App Designer
Segment 3: Coding GUI's
Segment 4: Advance Techniques
Segment 5: Sample Projects with App Designer
What are the requirements?
We will start from the very beginning in this course. Although i will try to focus on very basic constructs however, i will expect some Know-how of using MATLAB such as variables, matrices and some commonly used operations on the variables. Moreover, you should be familiar with the working environment of the MATLAB and should know what is command line and what is .m file etc. I am also expecting that you should have already installed Matlab Software R2016a or R2016b. Please visit mathworks official website for a free trial of the software. Majority of the Universities offer a free student version of the software, so if you are a student, contact your university for availability. You can purchase the student version directly from Mathworks. Please note that i am using its R2016a version.
What am I going to get from this course?
- You should be able to work with graphical user interface controls such as text boxes, buttons, check boxes and others to make gui for your code.
- At the end of the course you be a confident user of the matlab utility called App Designer for making GUI for your programs.
- You will be able to ask any question. I will answer it ASAP.
- You will be able to create your GUI's. If you have any problem I will help you.
- You will get complete source codes of lectures.
- Regular course updates: new lectures, applications and documents.
Your Benefits and Advantages
- You receive knowledge from a Ph.D. in Computer science with over 10 years of teaching and 15 years of programming experience and another decade of experience in using MATLAB
- The instructor has 6 courses on udemy on MATLAB.
- If you do not find the course useful, you are covered with 30 day money back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked!
- You have lifetime access to the course.
- You have instant and free access to any updates i add to the course.
- You have access to all Questions and discussions initiated by other students.
- You will receive my support regarding any issues related to the course.
- Check out the curriculum and Freely available lectures for a quick insight.
This is the second Udemy class on Matlab I've taken. Already, a couple important concepts have been discussed that weren't discussed in the previous course. I'm glad the instructor is comparing Matlab to Excel, which is the tool I've been using and have been frustrated with. This course is a little more advanced than the previous course I took. As an engineer, I'm delighted it covers complex numbers, derivatives, and integrals. I'm also glad it covers the GUI creation. None of those topics were covered in the more basic introduction I first took.
Great information and not talking too much, basically he is very concise and so you cover a good amount of content quickly and without getting fed up!
The course is amazing and covers so much. I love the updates. Course delivers more then advertised. Thank you!
Student Testimonials! who are also instructors in the MATLAB category
"Concepts are explained very well, Keep it up Sir...!!!"
Engr Muhammad Absar Ul Haq instructor of course "Matlab keystone skills for Mathematics (Matrices & Arrays)"
It's time to take Action!
Click the "Take This Course" button at the top right now!
...Time is limited and Every second of every day is valuable...
I am excited to see you in the course!
Dr. Nouman Azam