The goal of this course is to teach anyone how to build an iOS App from the ground up. The course is very project-based and specially designed for beginners with no programming experience. And, if you have some coding experience, this course will take you from coding hobbyist to an intermediate level, ready to launch a new tech career.
You will first learn the fundamentals of the Swift language by examples:
- Variables & Constants
- Control Flow
- Data Types
- Object, Classes & Struct
You will learn the basics of iOS programming with playground demos and challenges. This will give you the solid foundation to start building iPhone Apps.
Next, You will start building simple apps to expand your knowledge and finish with a capstone project: SwiftAgram, an Instagram Clone App. In this final 5-hour+ tutorial, you will apply your accumulated skills to build an Instagram-like, multi-views application with more advanced features, like:
- Displaying Contacts in a TableView
- Networking to display web content
- Importing Images from the Photo Library (UIImagePickerView)
- Implementing Facebook User Authentication & Monitoring (Facebook Login SDK)
- Enabling Data Persistence and Synchronization with Firebase as a Service Data Persistence (BaaS)
You will be introduced to Firebase as a Cloud Back-End Service to manage your app with data persistence and synchronisation. And, you will get a step-by-step guide on how to enable user authentication with your Facebook account with the Facebook Login SDK.
Why take this course ?
This course will set you on your way to becoming a great iOS Developer, where you’ll establish a basic understanding of the iOS ecosystem.
What you will learn:
- Working with Classes & Objects
- Creating multi-view Applications with Storyboard Segues
- Using TableView, Navigation Bars & Toolbars
- Adding Interaction & Gestures
- Persisting Data
- Networking to embed Web Content into you app
- Showing user's location & address on a map with MapKitView & Geolocation
- Learning iOS Animation with a Beginners guide to add edge to your app
Apps you will be building:
- A Todo List Swift App with a TableView, UIDatePicker, and the Core Data Framework
- A fun MP3 Player with the AV Foundation Framework & AVAudioPlayer Class
- A Restaurants App to locate nearby restaurants with the Google places API, Geolocation, and MapKitView.
- A NewsReader App with the New York Times Developers API to display a list of the most viewed and popular NYT articles
Prerequisites & Requirements:
You will need access to a Mac computer running OS X 10.10 or later
No prior programming experience is required. The course has been specially designed for beginners. The first chapters will walk you through the download and install process of the XCode 7 Application (to build iPhone Apps). Plus, 2 chapters are dedicated to getting you up and running with the Apple modern Language: Swift 2.0
By the end of the course:
- You’ll have a working knowledge of Swift, Apple’s custom programming language created exclusively for the mobile developer
- You will know how to write interactive programmes with one of the most-wanted job skill
- You will know how to prototype your iPhone App idea
Tech is Hot Right Now! - Don't wait to enrol:
- Swift is Apple's recent and modern language. It has recently become open-source
- App developer is one of the hottest jobs in 2106
- The job landscape is very promising for iOS software development. And, job opportunities for Application developers will continue to grow.
Thanks for joining!
Sandy, Web & iOS developer
What are the requirements?
- You need access to a Mac computer running OS X 10.10 or later
What am I going to get from this course?
- Prototype & Build your iPhone App Idea
- Start a Career as a Freelancer
- Master one of the most-in-demand programming job skill = Swift
What is the target audience?
- No programming and coding experience is required
- Anyone who wants to start a career in technology