What Will I Learn?
- Understand the basics of the Elm language
- Grasp some key concepts of functional programming
- Use Elm's build tools to debug and compile Elm code
- Get started with building simple websites and apps using the Elm language
What is Elm?
What are the advantages of Elm?
- Elm allows you to write well-architectured code that is easy to read.
- Elm makes front-end development simpler.
- Elm comes with creative built-in tools, meaning you don't have to download other packages
- Elm is easy to understand and use once you learn the language
- Elm's warning messages are in readable language
- Elm's built-in package manager protects code from minor errors
Who is the target audience?
- Developers who want to learn about functional programming and Elm
- Basic command line knowledge to make use of Elm's command line tools
- Modern web browser
- Text editor (e.g. Sublime Text, Atom, Brackets, VSCode)