Hours of Content: 7
3ds Max is an industry leading 3d software used widely in various different fields of 3d, including but not limited to: video games, film, medical illustration, architectural illustration, animation, industrial design and concept art.
Regardless of what field you are hoping to go into with 3d graphics, this is the place to start. Here are some of the reasons:
- In the course, we will use 3ds Max. Anyone can get access to this software for free (limited time), and it is one of the most widely used 3d packages used throughout all industries.
- This course is comprehensive, in that it covers all the major concepts of 3d. At the end, you will be able to create your own graphics.
- We start slow, and from the absolute beginning, so don't worry if you are new to this.
- This is a project-based course. We won't get too caught up in all the theory, but instead we will jump right in and start creating things.
- The projects include techniques that will be useful in various different disciplines, so regardless of what you are learning 3d for, there is something here for you.
- All course models and texture maps are available for download, so it is easy to stay caught up with the instructor.
- Videos are high-quality. They are presented in full HD with crisp sound, and they also include key-stroke overlays to help the student understand clearly.
- All default settings are used in 3ds Max, so the student screen will look just like the instructor screen -- no surprises or secret short cuts! This course is very easy to follow.
All these things, and much more, make this course the premiere place to learn 3d graphics. After joining this course, you will see that after about 7 hours of video and practice projects, you will come to have a firm grasp of 3d graphics in 3ds Max. You will understand the theory behind 3d graphics as they apply to various different fields. You will also be able to navigate around in the software comfortably -- a big achievement for such a powerful and complex software. Most importantly, you will be able to confidently create your own projects, whether it be modeling, animation, game content creation, or whatever.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Create their own models, materials and renderings in 3ds Max
- Use built-in poly modeling tools to create photo real 3d models
- Create basic 3d models for video games
- Animate objects and cameras in 3ds Max
- Create a 3d project from beginning to end
- Navigate around 3ds Max UI comfortably
- Understand the concepts of 3d graphics and know how to apply them using 3ds Max
What is the target audience?
- This course is great for people who are beginners in 3d graphics, and/or 3ds Max. Regardless of what industry you hope to go into with 3d, this class will be a good comprehensive introduction. We do projects that cover techniques from various different disciplines. This course is NOT for you if you are already proficient in modeling, lighting, materials and animating in 3ds Max. Students, aspiring game designers, architects, graphic artists, illustrators, etc. who have not done 3d graphics before, but want to increase their skill set, please take this course.