Hours of Content: 5.5
Learn how to practice animation even if you don’t know how to draw
This course is divided into 3 parts:
- Theory (Secrets to do awesome animation with no drawing skills, and how to make interesting characters no matter how simple they look)
- Rigging (A series of tutorials that teaches you how to rig a character step by step)
- Animation (Another series of tutorials that teaches you how to animate body language for simple characters)
There are a couple of things you need to understand to achieve simple animations.
- Body Language
- Emotional Expression
- Character Relationships
- What makes a good story
And for your character, you only need a Body, Arms, Legs and a Mouth. Eyes are optional.
If a simple circle has personality, people will watch it.
Our personal purpose is to help anyone interested in Animation to start practicing with little projects, simple Characters, and most of all, explore the expressiveness of their Body Language and Character Acting.
Many people seldom to start learning 2D animation because they are convinced that you need to know how to draw.
While drawing skills can help you to improve, that is not the essential skill to do animation. For animation, you need to understand the most basic principles of animation, like timing, anticipation, pose to pose.
Concepts that Thomas and Johnson, 2 of the animation masters in Disney talk about in their famous book, Illusion of Life.
This course puts those basic concepts into practice and also explains step by step how to achieve great body language when a character is talking.
What are the requirements?
- You don't have to know anything, this is a STARTER. But some experience in After Effects helps.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Design Simple Characters
- Do Character Animation, expressing with body language
What is the target audience?
- Absolute beginners who don't have any drawing skills and would like to learn animation.
- Not for students with a lot of experience in Character Animation