You: A Mobile Developer!
It's easier than you think!
Over the past five years, we've learned a few things about teaching online, and we've found the BEST way to take you from newbie to pro. You see, the best way to learn to develop mobile apps is to actually develop mobile apps.
With Ten Apps in Ten Weeks, you will learn how to build Ten Different Apps in Ten weeks. Each app is unique and while building it you'll learn a unique and important skill set used by professional app developers every day. Each app includes full source code, step-by-step building tutorial, and any needed video, music and graphic assets.
You'll build all of these apps (and more):
Week 0: Intros and Get to Know you
- Instructor and Student Intros
- Download and Install Required Software (all Free)
Week 1: The Tip Calculator App
- Creating an App Template in PhoneGap
- Including jQuery in an App
- Basic jQuery selectors and commands
- Browser Testing
Week 2: The Movie App
- Shortcut API coding with jQuery
- Parsing XML content returned by an App
- Parsing jQuery returned by an App
- Event Lifecycle
Week 3: Metronorth Railroad App
- Complex content parsing
- jQuery table views
- Storing data on the device
- Making multiple web service calls
- jQuery Page Structure
Week 4: The Hungry Hero App
- Getting started with Google API's
- Obtaining device geolocation information
- Displaying a Google Map embed
- Map annotations
Week 5: Emergency Info App
- Parsing public data services
- Using MapKit to create map templates
- Annotating MapKit Maps
- Creating Interactive Annotations
Week 6: Nice To Meet You App
- Using the FullContact Person API
- Storing Contacts on the Device
- Editing Device Contacts
Week 7: Chatter App
- How to create point-to-point chat
- How to create group chat
Week 8: Runner App
- Working with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Storing data in a SQL database
- Storing data in a no-SQL database
week 9: Drawin' App
- Understanding HTML5 Canvas
- Drawing on Canvas
- Multi-event Objects
- Saving Canvas Images
Week 10: Surprise! It's a Game
- Reading device accelerator
- Animation in your apps
- Sound and Video
Nice To Meet You (Work with Contacts)
While creating these apps you'll learn skills like media control, web service consumption, XML and JSON [arsomg, jQuery Mobile, Google Maps™, Google Places API™, geolocation, gaming techniques and much, much more.
Forget choosing between Android, iOS or Kindle... These apps can easily be deployed to all three of the largest app stores and we'll show you how.
What Do I Have To Know?